Tiny Tim is best known for melting the icy heart of Ebenezer Scrooge with his sweet demeanor.
Seeing the possibility of the frail boy not make it to Christmases in the future was enough to make ole Scrooge change his ways and embrace the spirit of the season. This cocktail embodies the simple kindness that is Tiny Tim. Because sometimes, you just want an easy-to-make, straightforward cocktail. And that’s what my dad has crafted here for you! Tiny Tim’s Peppermint Crutch is a minty, candy cane cocktail that’s sure to impress any Scrooge out there.
This candy cane cocktail is garnished with a crushed candy rim, which makes this drink extra special.
Please, don’t skip it! The crystal clear drink is offset by the white and red candy cane pieces rimming the glass. And that candy rim on the glass is what makes this drink quite the showstopper. All you have to do is crush up some candy canes, dip the rim of a glass in simple syrup, and then into the crushed candy cane! Plus, smashing the candy canes to pieces is super fun, especially if you’re still salty over the fact that we can’t gather together for the holidays! After a few sips of this cocktail, you’ll be happy right where you are.
The sugary sweet candy cane actually balances out the secret strength of this cocktail. Seriously, this drink can sneak up on you! Vanilla vodka, creme de cacoa, and peppermint schnapps are all that make up this minty martini! While the ingredients are simple and straightforward, the flavor profile is Christmas perfection. Mint forward with a touch of cocoa, this drink truly embodies the flavor of winter.
Tiny Tim’s Peppermint Crutch
This simple, pepperminty candy cane cocktail is sure to melt the heart of any Scrooge. Garnished with a candy cane rim, it’ll get you in the spirit of the season in no time!
- 2 oz Vanilla Vodka
- 1 ½ oz peppermint schnapps
- 1 oz Creme de Cacao; Make sure to get the clear version!
- 2 candy canes, crushed, for rimming the glass
- Simple syrup, for rimming the glass
- Place candy canes in a zip top baggie and crush using a mallet or rolling pin. Place crushed candy cane into a dish that fits the rim of your glass.
- Using another dish that fits the rim of your glass, place enough simple syrup to get ¼″ dip on the rim of the glass.
- Dip your glass into the simple syrup first, give it a good, quick upward shake to remove excess syrup, then dip into the crushed candy canes.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice, and place all liquid ingredients into cocktail shaker.
- Shake for at least 30 seconds, then pour into the candy cane rimmed glass.
- Garnish with a candy cane, if desired.
Looking for another cocktail inspired by A Christmas Carol?
Try Ebeneezer’s All-Nighter, an espresso based cocktail with the perfect balance of buzz and booze.