After over 10 years of creating homemade cocktails, you tend to get curious and creative. 😏This candy corn infused vodka is the result of a little curiosity and some leftover candy corn. Trick-or-treating isn't just for the kids anymore!Jump to Recipe
Is there a more polarizing Halloween candy than candy corn?! You either love it or hate it. If you love it, you’re going to love this candy corn infused vodka recipe! It’s so easy to make, and it comes together in mere minutes, so you can even make it ON Halloween night with zero wait time. Best of all, it’s the perfect base liquor for hauntingly unique Halloween cocktails!
You'll need the following ingredients for this candy corn vodka recipe:
- candy corn
- high-quality vodka (I like to use Tito’s vodka for my infusions because it’s a high-quality product at an affordable price.)
Once you have your ingredients and equipment, all you need is a little bit of time—15-20 minutes will do it! The candy corn will dissolve into the vodka, leaving you with a sweet infusion that is sure to bring a serving of nostalgia to happy hour.
Simply mix ½ cup of candy corn with 1 cup of vodka in a glass jar.
Once you’ve added the vodka to the candy corn, give your jar a couple of shakes and leave it to sit for about 15-20 minutes.
The vodka is colored by the candy corn, so by the end of 20 minutes, you have a bright orange, candy corn flavored vodka ready for all of your grown-up treats!
When the candy corn is dissolved, it’s ready to use! Try it in a festive cocktail like the candy corn martini, or enjoy it mixed with ginger beer or sparkling water!
Hint: You can shake it every once and a while during that time if you’re impatient like me. ?
- pumpkin candy - while their shapes are different, the flavor profile of Brach's pumpkin candy is the same as candy corn, so you can use these if you have them on hand! Keep in mind the green color of the "pumpkin stem" might affect the color of your vodka solution!
- sub the liquor - use what you have on hand, just make sure it's unflavored and mild to start with. Something like the botanical flavor of gin isn't the best option, here!
As with any recipe, feel free to make some changes to make it your own! Here are a few ideas to get you started...
- Make it a mocktail - melt the candy corn down in 1 cup of simmering water to make candy corn syrup for Halloween mocktails!
- Use a different liquor - you can make this recipe using rum or tequila as well!
The only extra "equipment" you need to make this candy corn vodka recipe is a jar or other container with a lid. I also love using Ball Canning jars whenever I'm infusing my own liquor at home. You can pick them up anywhere, and they’re incredibly useful in the kitchen. I got mine at my local Target store, but here’s a link to some on Amazon! I'd stick with glass if possible-- plastic can leech flavors and chemicals into your solution, and that's not the kind of scary stuff we're into for Halloween!?
Store your candy corn vodka in the jar you made it in! It will last indefinitely, but I bet you might find that it disappears quicker than the Halloween season.
The candy corn dissolves into the vodka and colors the liquid! No additional food coloring is needed!
While you can use plastic, it wouldn’t be my first choice. Plastic can harbor flavors from the ghost of contents past, and you don’t want anything else but the candy corn imparting flavor here. Also, the bright orange color of the final fluid could stain a plastic container.
If you absolutely want to use flavored vodka, I’d go with something neutral like vanilla vodka. But you know what? Maybe whipped cream vodka would be good with this, too.
From start to finish (clean-up included), you’re looking at a 30-minute task! That’s quicker than it takes to get into some costumes!
This vodka is perfect for spooky-themed cocktails, like this candy corn martini. It’s also great with plain sparkling water or ginger beer!
If you make this recipe, please leave a review in the comments and a star rating!
I read every single comment! I also love connecting on social media, so snap a pic and hashtag it #myrecipeforfun and tag me on Instagram, TikTok, or pin this recipe on Pinterest!
Candy Corn Infused Vodka
- 1 glass jar with lid
- ½ cup candy corn
- 1 cup vodka Tito's Brand
- Place ½ cup of candy corn into glass jar.
- Pour 1 cup of vodka over top of the candy corn, and close the lid on top of the jar.
- Give it a couple of shakes, and let the candy corn dissolve for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve in your favorite festive cocktail!